Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mamamack and Tech vs Houston

We left Friday morning headed to the woodlands. But back up.... Thursday I got an email from my aunt saying my grandmother wasn't feeling well and she said for us not to come. Well, we were going regardless bc we had a game to watch! Then my dad texts me and tells me he's sick and I needed to unload his ticket. Geez. I began to wonder if these were signs. But I told the boy that we were going and he better not even think about bailing! So we left Friday morning! O did great on the way down.





We got to the woodlands and met my aunt at mamamack's home. We visited there about 45 min or so but then left to let her rest. O really enjoyed playing with the dominoes and the ducks out by the pond.


Then to eat with aunt Linda. And back to the hotel. The boy worked Thursday night and then drove us Friday so he hadn't slept in over 24 hours at this point. So I took o swimming.


Saturday morning started with a trip to target and the mall. O and Matt stayed at the mall play area while I shopped a little.





Then to aunt Linda's for lunch and visiting.


O and mamamack hit it off! O really enjoyed playing with her in the sewing room, measuring and pinning things! It got awfully quiet back there so aunt Linda had to go check on them a few times! I've been asked 100 times since yesterday where mamamack and aunt Linda are!


Hopefully aunt Linda's official pic came out better than the iPhone pic.


And then it was time to head into Houston for the game. We got there about 4 and tailgated before the game. We enjoyed seeing Lindsey and Bobbie! And several other tech faithful from Ruston.








My favorite part of their not too user friendly stadium... The skyline.


O did GREAT at the game but about 1/2 way through the 1st quarter she told me she was, "getting so tired."





Her friend she made.


His name was Brody and he was at the game with his dad. They had a ball together.


So we left at half time. Partly bc she had done SO WELL up to that point that I didn't want to jinx it! But it was a GREAT game and we got the win!

I'm so glad we took this trip! It couldn't have gone more smoothly unless o had napped Saturday but oh well! We had some great time with family and an awesome time at the game. Being potty trained opens up a whole new world of traveling opportunities! Ha!

Side note: Toby Keith was performing in the woodlands saturday night. This truck was in our hotel parking lot. Probably not him but definitely some of his crew!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments: