Thursday, August 25, 2011

pigskins and pearls 2011

this has quickly become one of my favorite events of the year and it’s only on year 2!  you can read about last year here

this year we signed up early (like 4 months ago) b/c i was for sure that the earlier you signed up the better table you got.  i was sorely mistaken.  clearly my name doesn’t have much pull.  :)  but that’s ok.  it was still a great time!  this year’s highlight for me was the running back coach, pierre ???.  he was really funny!

IMG_9927#89 was back which also made my day.  except he let his hair grow out and that just wasn’t doing it for me.  he’s a baby but what a cute baby he is!  :)

it’s no secret how much i love louisiana tech university and  tech football.  the 2 will always hold a special place in my heart.  it makes me happy to attend events like this and in return a great organization is helped.  i’ve done several volunteer hours at the boys and girls club so i’ve seen first hand their needs.  the money raised from this event directly benefits the local b&g club and that makes me smile.  i’ve always said (well, i’ve said it for a few years now) that my dream job is to be a volunteer.  i really love using my time to help others.  i don’t have many talents but my time i can for sure give!  if ever given the opportunity to not work (guess i’ll need to win the lottery or how old does a kid have to be work?  :) ) i would most definitely spend my time volunteering for organizations like this one.

1 comment: