Sunday, June 19, 2011

happy father’s day

as a single parent i think it’s my duty to celebrate both.  after all, i play both roles.  you may not agree with me and that’s totally ok.  i do keep father’s day much more low key and allow my dad to soak up the glory.  but i’d be lying if i said i didn’t take a day to myself!  :)  with that said o gave me the BEST father’s day gift today!  tonight she said “ruv u”!!!!  i’ve only been working on this for over 2 years now!  i asked her to say it over and over!  i was so excited!  at one point we were both squealing!  she still won’t say it on her own but that is ok with me!  just hearing her say it at all made my year!

on a side note; tonight for dinner my child at a bag of cheetos, 2 pickles, onions and bread pudding.  mother/father of the year here.  but an onion is a vegetable and that’s probably the first veggie she’s eaten in days so i’ll take it!  my dad video’d some of the onion eating b/c after all, who does that?!?!

and notice the pink dance skirt under her dress.  my mom brought over her first danskin pink dance skirt!  when she opened it jenny yelled, “i wanted to buy her her first one!!”.  we can start dance classes next year and we’re super excited about it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment